unlike bone cement (PMMA),
no need for removal
for animal implantation
Complete sterile bead
off the shelf solution
Why Calcium Sulfate?
Calcium sulfate is a compound that can be naturally occurring or synthetically produced. When engineered for high purity, calcium sulfate has medical applications as a local antibiotic delivery device. Antibiotics added to calcium sulfate by a veterinarian are molded to form beads and implanted at sites where infection is present or anticipated.
Medical grade calcium sulfate has the following properties, making it ideal for local antibiotic delivery:
- Fully absorbed by the body
- Predictable elution properties
- Optimal resorption rate of 3 to 5 weeks
- Ability to fill dead space
KERRIER Kit Includes
- Complete sterile kit for bead production
- Easy to follow mixing instructions
- Minimum two year expiration date
- Antibiotics not included
For those urgent infection cases, consider keeping a KERRIER Kit on hand!